Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CIA World Factbook
The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities
- Go to https://library.ccis.edu.
- Click on the “Articles” tab under the Library Resources column.
- Type geography in the search box. Press the “enter” key.
- You will see geography in the first search box at the top.
- Drop down the menu of the box to its right. Click on “SU Subject Terms.” This will limit your search to articles that are ABOUT geography and just don’t mention that word.
- In the next search box, type the country you are researching. Drop down the menu of the box to its right. Click on “SU Subject Terms.”
- Click on the green search button.
- The narrow left column has limiters. Click on the box to the left of “Full Text.” This will limit your results to those articles you will most likely be able to read on the screen right away.
- If your teacher told you to use peer-reviewed articles, click on the box to the left of “Scholarly (peer-reviewed) journals.”
- Look for the heading of “Subject: Thesaurus Term” in the narrow left column. Click on it. Click on “show more” at the bottom of the six entries there.
- Click on the boxes to the left of any terms that deal with human settlement and activities. Then, click update.
- Go through the articles to see if any are helpful.
- You can re-do the search and substitute “Climate” or “topography” for “geography.”