Books that are delivered from MOBIUS will be quarantined for 72 hours due to the COVID-19 virus. Please allow extra time when requesting books from MOBIUS. You will be notified by email when the books are ready to be checked out. If you notify us when you want to pick the book up, we can have it ready for you on the self service shelves.
The MOBIUS catalog is a consortium catalog comprised of holdings from almost all academic libraries in Missouri, several Missouri public libraries, special libraries, and the Missouri State Library. There are also libraries in other states.
Who can request books from MOBIUS? Columbia College students, staff, and faculty who are affiliated with a Columbia College campus in Missouri can request books and pick them up at a nearby MOBIUS library.
How to Request Books from the MOBIUS Consortium:
2. Browse your results and click on the title you want to request.
3. Scroll down to the list of owning libraries and see if there are copies available.
4. Click on the "Request" link for the item you are wanting. You will then be asked to find your library.
5. Choose MOBIUS - Columbia College and click on submit.
6. You will then be prompted for your full name, student ID number, and the location where you would like to pick up the book. Note that you will need to add the Columbia College campus code "cc" to the end of your student ID number. For example, if your ID number is 1234567, you would type in 1234567cc.
7. Choose your pickup cluster and pickup location.
8. Click on "Submit."
9. You should get a message on the screen saying your request was successful. If there is a problem, call us at 573-875-7381 or 1-800-231-2391, ext. 7381. You can also email us at email@example.com.
10. You will get an email in your Cougar account when your requested item is at the pickup location. It usually takes two - four business days from the date of your request for the book to arrive at the location where you want to check it out. If you do not receive an email within four business days, please contact us.