Stephens Lake 5-7 p.m.
Featured sponsor: Boone County Early Childhood Coalition
Cosmo Park 6-8 p.m. Free Admission
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. This month, embrace the healing power of nature and learn how to care for the Earth and ourselves. So take a deep breath of fresh park air, and join us to learn about pollinators, native plants and self-care.
Featured sponsor: Burrell Behavioral Health
2. Listen to mental health podcasts.
3. Subscribe to mental health newsletters.
4. Follow creators or bookmark resources sharing reliable information about mental health.
5. Read books about mental health.
6. Create strong self-care practices.
7. Find a therapist.
8. Celebrate good news.
9. Consume the news thoughtfully.
10. Try meditating.
11. Attend an event in support of Mental Health Awareness Month.
12. Get a mental health tattoo.
13. Contact your representatives to urge them to prioritize mental health.
14. Get certified in mental health first aid.
15. Share your story.
18. Share mental health resources.
19. Be thoughtful about the information you share online.
20. Wear your mental health on your sleeve. (Literally.)
21. If you’re an employer, host professional events and initiatives that support employee mental health.
22. Check out Empower Work, a program that provides confidential support for work challenges.
23. Advocate for or use mental health days or paid time off.
24. Use your platform or company to advocate for mental health.
25. Offer resources and information to students.
26. Engage in a Mental Health Awareness Month project at school.
27. Support LGBTQ+ youth.
28. Host a Q&A with a mental health professional for parents and students.
29. Get help if you need it.