Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About This Guide
This resource guide was designed to provide you with assistance in locating and using EBSCOhost e-books more effectively for your research. Stafford Library has thousands of e-books that are provided from EBSCOhost.To navigate this guide, click on the tabs above or the Table of Contents below. If you need help, please contact us!
Table of Contents
Includes browser information and searching tutorial.
Information and a tutorial on reading an e-book.
Email & Print
Directions on how to save, email, and print information from e-books.
Information on the citing feature for e-books.
Information on how to create a personal account, create notes, and save to a folder.
Information on downloading e-books to a device to read off-line.
What are EBSCO eBooks?
EBSCO eBooks are online versions of print books that your library has either purchased with a perpetual license or via an annual subscription. eBooks that are owned will be available to the library in perpetuity, with provisions being made for long term access and preservation. eBooks available via subscription are renewed annually for the library to retain access. EBSCO eBooks are available from all major academic publishers in virtually all academic disciplines.
EBSCO eBooks offer a number of advantages over their print counterparts. Users can:
- Download titles to mobile devices, including iPhones, iPads, Kindle Fires, and Android Devices
- Search within a book for specific words or phrases
- Save, print, or email chapters or sections
- Copy and paste portions of text for easy access during the research process
- Link to books or book chapters for easy reference or social sharing
- Save a list of favorite books to a personal book shelf
- Generate or export citations to bibliographic management tools
- Save notes to a personal folder with an EBSCOhost account
- Navigate between sections or chapters and the index via linking
- Place holds on titles with limited simultaneous user licenses (though most titles are available for unlimited access)
EBooks User Guide
Includes browser settings, searching, downloading, and personal accounts.
Need Help? Contact Us.
Phone: (573) 875-7381 or (800) 231-2391, ext. 7381
Text: (573) 535-5449
Based on the COM Library LibGuide http://libguides.com.edu/EBSCOeBooks" Adapted with permission.
This guide was created by Vandy Evermon in March 2020.
If you have any questions, contact me at email@example.com