The Business Source Complete database is an excellent place to search for marketing research information because it contains country reports, industry profiles, market research reports, and company information and profiles.
To find this information in the Business Source Complete database, follow these steps:
- On the initial page, click on the "Full Text" box in the "Limit Your Results" section.
- On the initial page, also scroll down the "Publication Type" menu and click on one of these: "Country Report," "Industry Profile, or "Market Research Report."
- Enter a search term in the first box at the top.
- Consider fine-tuning your search by choosing one of the categories in the drop-down menu to the right of your search box. For example, if you typed a company name, choose "CO Company Entity." If you entered "integrated circuits," for example, choose "SU Subject Terms." If you typed in a NAICS code, choose "IC NAICS Code or Description." If you typed in a country, for example, choose "GE Geographic Terms."
- Consider limiting your search to information published between certain years, such as 2013 - 2016. You can do this in the "Published Date" field of "Limit Your Results.
- Click on "Search."
If you are looking for information on a specific company or a specified type of company, two more search strategies are explained below for the Business Source Complete database:
- Click on "Company Information" in the blue banner at the top.
- If you have a specific company in mind, type its name in the box near the top and click on "Search." Click on the appropriate link from the results that appear. Click on an appropriate link in the "Related Information" box in the left column, such as Market Research Reports or Industry Profiles. Use the limiters in the left column to narrow your results down.
- If you are looking for information on a type of company, use the fields in the "Limit Your Results" section of the screen to set your criteria. Click on "Search."
- Click on "Company Profiles" from the drop-down "More" menu in the blue banner at the top.
- See if your company is in the list.
- If it is, click on the report's link.
See other tips for searching in the Business Source Complete database. you can follow the instructions below when searching the